There's No Parade Like A 'Macy's Day Parade!

I remember watching the Macy's Day Parade every Thanksgiving Day.  It was so exciting to me.  I always looked forward to Thanksgiving morning at 9:00 am.  I would sit in front of the television watching the oversized balloons.  The floats were so magnificent to look at.  It was like experiencing wonderland or Disneyland from television.  I always admired beautiful colors.  The Macy's Day Parade was filled with color, from the floats in the air to the clowns on the streets.  Many  different bands from all over the world came marching down the streets of Manhattan New York.  I thought then that New York was the place to be. 
As a little girl growing up in a small North Carolina town, I dreamed of a day at the Macy's Day Parade! I said, one day I'm going to be there.  I moved to New York at forty years of age and I made it my business to get to the Macy's Day Parade. Oh, I can't begin to express the feeling of actually having one of my dreams come true.  It was so many people there. I went alone, but I stood among a family of other like-minded excited people.  There was so much joy in the air.  The children were screaming and laughing.  I could feel the excitement all around me as I stood among thousands of other excited people.  No one carry their cares and worries to a Macy's Day Parade.  Since living in New York, I've been twice to the parade already.  I plan to go again this Holiday Season.  There is no place in the world like New York City during the Holidays!  I encourage moms and dads to take the time to take your kids to a Macy's Day Parade on Thanksgiving morning.   I can't even begin to describe all the feelings that one experience from being there.  It's an overwhelming sensation of joy and excitement.  I hope you've enjoyed this read.  Put it on your calendar!       


See you there!  
The annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, the world's largest parade, is presented by the U.S.-based department store chain Macy's. The tradition started in 1924, tying it for the second-oldest Thanksgiving parade in the United States with America's Thanksgiving Parade in Detroit. Wikipedia
Original releaseNovember 24, 1924 – November 22, 1951 (radio); November 25, 1948 –present (television)
Production location(s)Central Park to Macy's Herald Square, New York City, New York


Brenda Enterprise, Hospitality & Events Management!
 "Where Hospitality Meets Elegance"

CHRISTMAS SALES!!! 


  DO YOU HAVE A PRODUCT OR SERVICE?
  

Brenda Enterprise Events Can Host An On-Line Business Fair  to Help You Make Sales! 
Sign Up Below To Find Out How.

https://forms.aweber.com/form/67/346982567.htm

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts